Dana D. Maher, J.D., P.C.C., P.C.A.C.
Professional Certified Coach
Professional Certified ADHD Coach
Assistant Director of Training and Senior Faculty Member of the ADD Coach Academy, including the Fundamentals of ADHD Coaching for Families Training Program
Senior Mentor Coach
Helping people explore their own possibilities
People love working with Dana because she coaches them to better understand themselves so they can grow and flourish to be more successful: personally and professionally. Dana loves helping people figure themselves out so they can uncover and use their strengths to overcome barriers that hold them back.
Dana’s clients learn to appreciate their gifts, strengths and unique brain wiring, and how to understand and use these individual traits to their best advantage.
Today Dana’s diverse clients include
- Adults diagnosed with ADHD, Asperger's Syndrome, PDD-NOS or NVLD who want help to have greater success at home and work.
- Women in the technology sector, who wish to understand their brilliance, be their best, and make their unique voice heard in a male-dominated industry.
- Professionals in STEM careers and academia, who want to growth personally and professionally, increase life satisfaction, and forward their career.
- Coaches, who need a professional Mentor Coach to help cultivate and expand on their existing coaching skills and business models.
- Entrepreneurs, who want to work as a team to help manage, grow, and further not only their businesses, but themselves as well.
- Individuals who want to partner to discover what kinds of personal changes they want to make and how to make them so they can find the path to their own great potential.
Dana Maher graduated from the ADD Coach Academy’s Advanced Personal Coach Training Program. She is now the Assistant Director of Training and a Senior Faculty Member at the ADD Coach Academy, an ICF / PAAC accredited coach training program. Dana partners with her clients to uncover, understand and use their own positive strengths to break through barriers that hold them back from the lives they desire. She is fascinated by the science of ADHD, Asperger’s Syndrome, executive function, positivity, resilience, and happiness and thoroughly enjoys applying such knowledge to help individuals explore their own possibilities!
She is a member of multiple organizations and networks:
- International Coaches Federation (ICF) - credentialed PCC Member
- Professional Association of ADHD Coaches (PAAC) - credentialed PCAC Member
- Women in Technology International (WITI)
- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- ADHD Coaches Organization (ACO)
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA)
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
- Autism Spectrum / Asperger Education Network (ASPEN)
- Learning Disabilites Association of America (NJ Chapter)
Before becoming a coach, Dana started and ran a special education parents group in her school district. Dana has also served two years on the Parents Advisory Board for Children’s Specialized Hospital. She began her coaching journey working with children and families with ADHD and/or Asperger's Syndrome, now diagnosed as Autism Spectrum Disorder. While on her journey, she realized not only struggling students needed coaching support, but also working parents, families, and adult professionals. She now works with adults who want to better understand themselves and their strengths to overcome the barriers that are keeping them stuck and not living up to their full potential.
As for her formal education, she received a B.S. in Accounting from Susquehanna University and a J.D. from Seton Hall Law School. She had worked in the title insurance industry as a licensed title producer as well as an attorney in the legal profession.
Dana is safe at home in New Jersey with her husband and adult children.